- To the extent permitted by law, the Owner may collect and use the Hirer’s personal data and any personal data provided by the Hirer (including in respect of the Authorised Operator) (“Personal Data”) for any of the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- sharing of the Personal Data with the Owner’s principal, its related corporations and contractors, whether within Singapore or overseas, and/or insurance companies, so as to provide the necessary warranties and/or extended warranties for the Vehicle to the Hirer;
- sharing of the Personal Data with financial institutions and motor vehicle insurers, on the Hirer’s behalf, in order for the Hirer to obtain motor insurance on the Vehicle;
- servicing of Vehicle and to update the Owner’s after-sales service records. The relevant Personal Data shall be used by the Owner, its appointed after-sales service dealers, agents and sub-contractors and/or the Owner’s principal and/or its related corporations whether within or outside Singapore to provide the relevant after-sales service and/or to repair the Vehicle and to communicate with the Hirer on any matter relating to the provision of the services in general including to notify the Hirer by any means, including by short message services (“SMS”) of the next/ subsequent date/mileage for routine service for the Vehicle;
- administrative, research and analysis purposes to enable it to monitor and improve the services it provides; and
- organizing events for the Hirer, to inform the Hirer of such events by any means (including through SMS, multi-media services (“MMS”), phone call, fax, magazines, or brochures) any new products, promotions or services provided by the Owner in Singapore.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Owner shall also disclose the Personal Data:
- to its service providers, for example, providers of web hosting or maintenance services, for the purpose of supplying itself with the interconnected servers and/or web site links with the relevant authorities.
- to its customer service agencies whether within or outside Singapore for administrative, research and analysis purposes to enable it to monitor and improve the services it provides.
- to the Owner’s service providers and/or the Owner’s principal, its related corporations and contractors whether within or outside Singapore for the purpose of organizing events for the Hirer, to inform the Hirer of and send to the Hirer by any means (including through SMS, MMS, phone call, fax, magazine or brochures) any new products or promotions or services that are provided by the Owner and/or the Owner’s principal whether within or outside Singapore.
- to the Owner’s business partners for the purpose of carrying out product promotions;
- to the Owner‘s stakeholders and the Owner’s principal and its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of carrying out audits;
- to the Owner’s principal and/or the Owner’s stakeholders and their respective related corporations and contractors whether within or outside Singapore for the purposes of carrying out audits; and
- to the Owner’s principal and its related corporations whether located within or outside Singapore for the purpose of responding to any of the Hirer’s enquiries.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Owner shall retain the Personal Data either for the period of the business relationship or, for the requisite retention periods as stipulated in any contractual arrangements or under any applicable law, whichever is later.
- If the Owner amends any provision in this clause, it will notify the Hirer via e-mail and may place notices on the Owner’s website. The Owner’s email to the Hirer shall require the Hirer’s consent to its change of use of the Personal Data. Continued use of the Owner’s services shall signify the Hirer’s agreement to any such changes.
- The Personal Data may be transferred to the Owner’s principal within or outside Singapore for surveys and research purposes conducted with the objective of enhancing the Hirer’s satisfaction.
- Subject to clause 9, the Hirer shall have a right to request for a copy of the Personal Data the Owner holds and information about the ways in which the Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the date of the Hirer’s request. If the Hirer wishes to exercise this right, the Hirer shall complete the Owner’s prescribed form and:
- put his request in writing and indicate whether he would like to have a copy of the Personal Data or he wishes to have information about the ways in which the Personal Data is used or disclosed during the past year or both;
- include proof of his identity and address (e.g. a copy of the Hirer’s driving license and a recent credit card bill); and
- specify the Personal Data he wants access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
The Owner shall reply to the Hirer as soon as reasonably possible upon its receipt of the Hirer’s request.
- The Hirer shall pay a fee to access the Personal Data in the manner stated in clause 6 above.
- Subject to clause 9, the Hirer shall have the right to request the Owner to correct any inaccuracies in the Personal Data free of charge. If the Hirer wishes to exercise this right, the Hirer shall:
- put his request in writing;
- provide the Owner with enough information to identify himself (e.g. the Hirer’s account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
The Owner shall reply to the Hirer as soon as practicable upon its receipt of the Hirer’s request.
- The Hirer’s access or correction request will not be granted as of right. The Owner’s ability to accede to the Hirer’s access or correction request is subjected to the prohibitions and/or exceptions set out or which may be set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”) and its accompanying regulations.
- The Hirer shall have the right to ask the Owner to stop collecting, using or disclosing the Personal Data for any of the abovementioned purposes set out in this Agreement. If the Hirer wishes to exercise this right, the Hirer shall complete the Owner’s prescribed form and:
- put his request in writing by way of an email sent to the Owner;
- provide the Owner with his name, National Registration Identity Card, mobile number, email and Vehicle registration number to identify the Hirer;
- if the Hirer’s objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. voice call, SMS, MMS, fax, mailers or email), the Hirer has to specify the channel he is withdrawing his consent to.
- In the event that the Hirer withdraws consent to the collection, use or disclosure of his Personal Data such that it materially affects this Agreement and it renders the Owner unable to, or such that it becomes difficult for the Owner to perform or properly perform or discharge its obligations under this Agreement, at law, under the warranty undertakings, or its role as a responsible service provider, the Owner may at its discretion, be entitled to terminate this Agreement with the Hirer.
- The obtaining of the Hirer’s consent for the collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Data under this clause (Hertz Data Protection Policy) is subject to the prohibitions and/or exceptions set out or which may be set out in the PDPA.
The Hirer shall address all communications pertaining to this clause (Hertz Data Protection Policy) to:
The Data Protection Officer
Sime Darby Services Private Limited
Vantage Automotive Centre
305 Alexandra Road, #03-01